30 Days to Greater Self Love
11 Tips if You Struggle With Self-Love
How can you be happy if you don’t love yourself? Having a high degree of self-love makes it easier to take good care of yourself. If you love and respect yourself, others are more likely to respect you, too. When you love yourself, you’re more gentle, kind, and considerate with yourself.
Life can be hard. It’s even harder when you’re hard on yourself. Ideally, you are your biggest fan in life.
Use these ideas to show yourself more love:
1. Make sleep a priority. Everybody needs sleep. When we don’t think very highly of ourselves, we often don’t get enough sleep. It’s easy for all the things and people in our lives to get our time and attention. This leaves too little time for sufficient sleep.
2. Feed your body better food. If you don’t love yourself, you might not be eating as well as you should be. Show yourself that you’re a priority by giving yourself healthy food to eat.
3. Feed your mind better things, too. It’s not just your body. It’s your mind, too. Consider the thoughts, TV, and websites that you’re giving your mind to chew on. Are you spending your time the way you would want your 18-year-old child to spend his time?
4. Exercise. Taking care of your body with exercise is a sign of self-love. You don’t have to train for a triathlon but get some exercise each day.
5. Look your best. When people aren’t happy with themselves, their general appearance is one of the first things to slide. Give yourself the attention you need to look your best each day. Be the best-dressed and best-groomed person in the room wherever you go.
6. Make time to relax. Rest and relaxation are critical to enjoying life. Schedule time into your day to kick back and do whatever you enjoy.
7. Forgive yourself. It’s pretty tough to love yourself if you haven’t forgiven yourself for your past mistakes and failures. There’s nothing you can do about the past, so it only makes sense to let it go and forgive yourself. The things that happened in the past are best left there.
8. List your best qualities. Those lacking in self-love can quickly rattle off their shortcomings but struggle to identify their positive characteristics. Remind yourself of all the amazing qualities you have. Write down your positive qualities, even if they’re only slightly positive. List them all.
9. List your greatest triumphs. You’ve done some amazing things. Put pen to paper and write them all down. Go back to the beginning and relive your better moments.
10. Separate from those that don’t treat you well. If someone in your life is a regular detractor, consider giving them their walking papers. There are so many people in the world that it doesn’t make sense to put up with someone that doesn’t treat you well.
11. Start making the changes you’ve been avoiding. You have a good idea of the changes you’d like to make in your life. Let today to be the day you start implementing a few of those ideas.
If you can’t love yourself, who else will, other than your mother? Treat yourself like you matter, and you’ll begin to believe that you do. Our beliefs can be led by our actions. We can change our beliefs to justify our behaviors. Put your attention on your strengths and successes. Take care of your mind and body.
You’re the only person you have 24/7. Everyone else is available on a limited basis. So, make yourself a priority in your life. You’ll be glad you did!
Download each picture and add write your own affirmation.
Get a great binder and even laminate the pages!
Make sure you look at your custom journal daily to remind yourself how far you have come!
You're probably too hard on yourself. It's much easier to make your way through the world if you love yourself. Perhaps the greatest struggle we all face is the struggle to accept and love ourselves in spite of our many flaws. This isn't something that's likely to happen without a little work, though, because we seem to be programmed to ridicule ourselves.
Love yourself more each day with these strategies:
1. Give yourself an earnest compliment each day. Have you ever felt like you needed a compliment? Go ahead and give yourself one! Think about all your great qualities and congratulate yourself on one of them. There's no reason to wait for someone else to get around to saying something nice. Give yourself a nice compliment right now.
2. Make a list of your accomplishments. You've accomplished plenty of great things. Make a list of all of them. Be creative and give this exercise some thought. You'll find that your life has been more impressive than you realized.
* Did you make the list?
3. Eat in a healthier manner. Take better care of yourself by making some changes to your diet. We could all use a little improvement in this department. You know which foods are healthy. Add a few of them to your diet and drop a few of the less healthy foods.
* Show yourself that you're important. You wouldn't feed junk food to your child or beloved pet. Give yourself the same level of importance.
4. Support a cause you believe in. Spending time on something you think is important is a great way to show yourself that you're a good person. You'll feel better about yourself and put a smile on your face.
5. Be grateful. Appreciating what you have makes it easier to love yourself. No one enjoys being around a complainer. Think about your life and make a list of the things and people that fill you with gratitude. It's surprising how much of a great life you already have.
6. Forgive your past self. Sure, you've made some mistakes and probably done and said a few awful things along the way. But that period of your life is over now. Why drag the past into the present? You can make a fresh start each day. Let it go.
7. Make one small improvement. As great as you are, you can be even better. Make one small change that will enhance your life in some way. Maybe it's exercising for few minutes each week or calling your mom once a week. Show yourself that you can grow and become a better version of yourself. Try these easy ideas:
* Pay all of your bills on time.
* Be more patient with your family.
* Be on time for work each day.
* Do five pushups each morning.
8. Do one thing each day makes you happy. If not today, when? There's no time like the present to begin enjoying your life. Start taking those guitar lessons, finally get a dog, or volunteer at the local food bank. Start loving your life and yourself.
9. Avoid people that drag you down. Odds are that at least one of your relationships is poisoning your life. It might be a friendship, romantic relationship, or a relationship with a family member. Value yourself enough to avoid negative people and relationships.
You have many wonderful qualities that you've been overlooking. Believe that you deserve love from yourself and those in your life. A little self-love will enhance every part of your life.
Every day, you have a multitude of opportunities to love yourself. You can take care of yourself physically, seek intellectual stimulation, carefully manage your emotions, or feed your soul.
This worksheet will help you to discover new ways to show yourself love.
Self-love means accepting who I am.
Beneath my exterior is a soul that deserves to be loved. It forms the essence of my being and is meant to be treated with respect. Self-love means accepting who I am on the inside no matter who else does or doesn't. The perspective of the outside world is irrelevant.
When I achieve a sincere love for the person who I am on the inside, positive self-talk occurs naturally. Building self-love happens from the inside out.
Becoming worthy of love starts with having a character of honesty. I ensure that each of my interactions with others is handled openly and honestly. I am trustworthy and proud to be a person who speaks from the heart.
My honesty inspires others to put their trust in me. Knowing that I am a safe place for others gives me a good feeling about myself.
I also approach others with kindness, regardless of the relationship we share. Leading with kindness makes room for peaceful resolution and effective
collaboration. I promote positivity.
Although I have many flaws, my positive traits far exceed anything that I sometimes feel insecure about. I celebrate my strengths and embrace my imperfections, they make me unique. There is so much about me that is lovable that remains unseen.
Today, I am exactly the person who I am supposed to be at any given moment, and I love every ounce of my being. There is power in truly accepting myself just the way I am. With confidence, I go through each day conquering big challenges and feeling proud of my victories.
What are some of my favorite personality traits?
How do I rebuild my confidence when I am made to feel unloved by another person?
What are some positive affirmations that I can repeat to myself each day?